System Monitoring & Reporting Technology
Eriez SMART™ system continuously monitors critical processes and sorting equipment to ensure operations are performing efficiently. SMART, System Monitoring and Reporting Technology, is a wireless cloud based system using sensors and monitors throughout a scrap yard to provide real-time reporting on the efficiency of sorting equipment and processes. These SMART monitors help operators track performance and identify short and long-term corrective actions.
The system monitors three areas:
- Moisture Monitor - tracks material moisture content post shredder
- Splitter Monitor - reports excess build-up on separator splitters
- Metal Loss Monitors - tracks unrecovered metals being sent to landfill
The SMART Portal is the center for all data collection and real time reporting. Conveniently located in the cloud, users access their password protected yard’s SMART Hub to review reports, download data, analyze and set alerts.
Metal Loss Monitor
The Metal Loss Monitor continuously scans your residue stream for valuable metal that has escaped your process and is headed for landfill disposal. Positioned either upstream or downstream of the hand picking station, the MLM alerts operators when a spike in metal count has been detected and aids in diagnosing where a process breakdown may have occurred.
The MLM is set to “count” certain size pieces of metal being conveyed on the final picking belt. If the pre-set threshold is broken (high metal count), the MLM signals an alarm and an event is recorded. Over time the Metal Loss Monitor will help diagnose specific weaknesses in an operator’s system. The goal is to gradually lower the pre-set threshold and reduce the physical count of metals escaping the process. The MLM supports Eriez’ ongoing efforts to push the grade/recovery curve™ by providing absolute feedback on the process.
- Diagnostic tool continuously analyzes fluff stream
- Significantly reduces metal sent to landfills
- Sends auto-alerts when threshold limits have been exceeded
- Provides real-time data for trend analysis
- Cantilevered design installs without cutting the belt
- Rugged composite construction
Eriez’ Moisture Monitor continuously measures the moisture content of material exiting the shredder and reports the data locally or remotelyvia the Eriez SMART web portal.
In the recycling industry, the Moisture Monitor helps mill operators balance the amount of water used to prevent fires and reduce dust, while preventing excessive water usage which interferes with separation, and increases the net weight of fluff being transported to landfill.
- Electronically scans bulk material flows
- Monitors moisture content of shred
- Sends alerts when moisture contents exceeds preset limits
- Improves separation equipment performance
- Eliminates excessive water usage
- Reduces freight and landfill disposal costs
Installed on separation equipment the Splitter Monitor optically scans for debris build up on the lead edge of a splitter blade. A “clogged” splitter can greatly affect metal recovery if undetected for periods of time. As material builds up, the Splitter Monitor sends warning alerts via email or text message to prompt the appropriate personnel to clean the blade. Using this smart technology reduces the frequency of random manual checks of splitters and improves metal recovery.
- Optically scans for material build up
- Sends alerts when splitters require attention
- Reduces labor cost
- Improves separation efficiency
For technical assistance, more information or a request for quote, please complete this form.